Doctrinal Statement Summary
1. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired of God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and practice. The King James Bible, commonly referred to as the Authorized Version 1611, is the official Scripture Text of this Church and is to be solely used in all teaching and preaching of every service or meeting.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man; the Virgin born Son of God.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sin nature, and are sinners in thought, word and deed.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified by grace through faith on the grounds of His shed blood and substitutionary death on the Cross of Calvary.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present ministry there for us, as High Priest, Mediator, and Advocate.
7. We believe in "that blessed hope", the personal and bodily, pre-tribulational, pre-millennial, and imminent return of Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
8. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, are forgiven of all sin, and are born again by the Word of God and the Holy Spirit of God and thereby become the children of God and have eternal life.
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the just in an eternal Heaven, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the unjust in an eternal Hell.
10. We believe that the local church is a body of baptized (immersed) believers, organized for worship, discipleship, evengelization, and fellowship; that the two ordinances of the church are believer's baptism (immersion), and the Lord's Supper: that the local church is an independent and self-governing organism responsible alone to Christ, Who is its Saviour and Lord.
Fundamental - We believe the Holy Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God, and the only standard of our faith and practice in all matters of life. We contend for the faith that was once delivered unto the saints (Jude 3) and desire to walk in the way of the old paths (Jer. 6:16).
The King James Bible, commonly referred to as the Authorized Version 1611, is the official Scripture Text of First Baptist Church, and is the only Bible used in our Preaching and Teaching in every Service, Class, Devotion or Special Meetings such as Revivals, Missions Conferences, and by guest Preachers and Missionaries.
Independent - We believe in the Local Church and its independence under the headship of Jesus Christ our Lord. We do not belong to any association or organization; only to Jesus Christ.
Evangelistic - We believe we have a responsibility to reach everyone, both here and abroad with the Gospel of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Friendly - We sincerely welcome everyone to our services, and hope that you will catch our vision and be a part of this local assembly and help us sow and serve as God gives the increase. (Acts 2:46-47; 1 Cor. 3:6)